The global perfumery glass bottle market size was USD 1,556.2 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 1,604.6 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2024-2027).
COVID-19 to Affect Growth Backed by Shortage of Labor & Reduced Production
The Q2 2020 Financial Report by Gerresheimer declares that the company was impacted severely in the second quarter of 2020 by approximately 8 million Euros in its business of cosmetics, including perfumery glass bottles. This proves that people are spending more on essential items amid the COVID-19 pandemic rather than on luxury items. Also, manufacturers have reduced production capacity owing to shelter-in-place restrictions, as well as labor shortages. We are providing detailed reports to help you gain business confidence and generate more sales by selecting the right strategy.
Top Key Companies Covered in the Perfumery Glass Bottle Market:
- Verescence (Puteaux cedex, France)
- Vidraria Anchieta (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Gerresheimer AG (Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Roma International PLC (Hadleigh, U.K.)
- SGB Packaging Group (New Jersey, U.S.)
- Stölzle-Oberglas Gmbh (Köflach, Austria)
- Baralan International S.p.A. (Milan, Italy)
- Consol Glass Pty Ltd. ( Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Continental Bottle Company Ltd. (Cheshire, U.K.)
- DSM Packaging Sdn Bhd (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KGaA (Kleintettau, Germany)
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- What are the current trends propelling the sale of perfume packaging products?
- What are the latest developments & innovations done by reputed companies?
- What are the challenges, opportunities, drivers, and hindrances for the market?
- Which are the new segments to focus on for prioritizing investments & efforts?
Drivers & Restraints
Increasing Demand for Branded Packaging to Accelerate Growth
Manufacturers nowadays are focusing on customization and innovation of perfumery glass bottles as premium packaging is a very crucial factor for attracting the attention of consumers. They are trying to keep up with the requirements of consumers and making bottles accordingly to generate more sales. Gerresheimer AG, for instance, delivers a wide range of unique perfume glass bottles that are available in various shapes and sizes. The rising demand for luxurious and branded packaging solutions from consumers worldwide is set to boost the perfumery glass bottle market growth in the near future. However, the usage of lightweight plastic bottles may hinder growth.
Rising Disposable Incomes of People to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
In 2019, North America earned USD 533.1 million in terms of revenue. This growth is attributable to the rising working and young population in the developed countries, such as Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is set to be the fastest-growing region because of the increasing need to maintain the standards of living. Coupled with this, the rising focus on beauty & wellness and surging disposable incomes of people would bolster growth.
Transparent Segment to Hold Major Share Fueled by Clear Visibility
Based on form, the translucent segment generated 39.93% in terms of perfumery glass bottle market share in 2019. The transparent segment is expected to hold the major share on account of the ability of these bottles to provide clear visibility of the content.
Key Players Aim to Develop Unique Products to Intensify Competition
The market for perfumery glass bottles consists of various manufacturers. They are mainly aiming to conduct research and development activities for creating novel products. Some of the local companies are entering the marketplace through mergers & acquisitions, product launches, and signing agreements.
Key Industry Development:
- January 2020: Verescence, a prominent manufacturer of glass headquartered in France developed the first ‘safety glass’ for What Matters, a digital start-up. The new products will be launched in spring of 2020. The safety glass bottles provide an eco-responsible alternative to plastic.
- September 2019: Gerresheimer, a producer of glass packaging announced that it will begin producing products with a higher proportion of recycled glass from 2020. It will be done at the Tettau site, in Germany.